Bon Iver will be embarking on a U.S. Tour this spring: see which cities they will playing in!Read More
The forerunners of electronic rock Depeche Mode are getting geared up for a busy year in 2017. They announced a new album today, slated for release next year, as well as a tour in support of it.
The band's new album Spirit will be their fourteenth record, the follow-up to 2013's Delta Machine. There is no confirmed release date yet, but the band have claimed they are looking at a spring 2017 release.
Along with details of the album came a massive 32-date tour in support of the record, entitled the Global Spirit Tour. The tour starts up in May and will see the band performing throughout Europe until July. The proceeds of the tour will go to charity:water, an organization aimed at bringing safe, clean water to those around the globe who can't easily access it. The tour dates are as follows:
- May 5, 2016 - Stockholm, Sweden (Friends Arena)
- May 7, 2016 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (Ziggo Dome)
- May 9, 2016 - Antwerp, Belgium (Sportpaleis)
- May 12, 2016 - Nice, France (Stade Charles-Ehrmann)
- May 14, 2016 - Ljubljana, Slovenia (Dvorana Stožice)
- May 17, 2016 - Athens, Greece (Terra Vibe Park)
- May 20, 2016 - Bratislava, Slovakia (Štadión Pasienky)
- May 22, 2016 - Budapest, Hungary (Groupama Aréna)
- May 24, 2016 - Prague, Czech Republic (Eden Aréna)
- May 27, 2016 - Leipzig, Germany (Festwiese)
- May 29, 2016 - Lille, France (Stade Pierre-Mauroy)
- May 31, 2016 - Copenhagen, Denmark (Telia Parken)
- June 3, 2016 - London, England (London Stadium)
- June 5, 2016 - Cologne, Germany (RheinEnergieStadion)
- June 9, 2016 - Munich, Germany (Olympiastadion)
- June 11, 2016 - Hannover, Germany (HDI Arena)
- June 18, 2016 - Zurich, Switzerland (Letzigrund Stadion)
- June 20, 2016 - Frankfurt, Germany (Commerzbank-Arena)
- June 22, 2016 - Berlin, Germany (Olympiastadion)
- June 25, 2016 - Rome, Italy (Stadio Olimpico)
- June 27, 2016 - Milan, Italy (Stadio San Siro)
- June 29, 2016 - Bologna, Italy (Stadio Rentao Dall'Ara)
- July 1, 2016 - Paris, France (Stade de France)
- July 4, 2016 - Gelsenkirchen, Germany (Veltins-Arena)
- July 6, 2016 - Bilbao, Spain (BBK Live Festival)
- July 8, 2016 - Lisbon, Portugal (NOS Alive Festival)
- July 13, 2016 - St. Petersburg, Russia (SKK)
- July 15, 2016 - Moscow, Russia (Otkritie Arena)
- July 17, 2016 - Minsk, Belarus (Minsk-Arena)
- July 19, 2016 - Kiev, Ukraine (Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex)
- July 21, 2016 - Warsaw, Poland (PGE Narodowy)
- July 23, 2016 - Cluj-Napoca, Romania (Cluj Arena)
Before 2017 rolls around, the band will also be releasing a collection of their videography on November 11, entitled the Video Singles Collection. In a statement, the band said "It's been amazing to go back and relive all the experiences and memories these videos evoke after all these years. It's incredible to have all our videos finally together in one place, and we're hoping our fans enjoy this journey through time as much as we did." We'll keep you updated on the band's upcoming album and 2017 antics.
Alternative rock band Brand New have been busy working on a new record - rumored to be their last - and touring, but fans may need to wait a bit longer to hear the new material.
The band released a statement (as shown below) on the progress of the record, stating that "there exists a collection of songs that, right now, would call fit to be an album," but go on to say the album isn't complete to them, yet. While they planned to release a record this year, the ending sentence of the paragraph confirms "Brand New will not release a record in 2016."
What the band will be doing, however, is performing their major label debut third effort, The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me in its entirety on their upcoming fall tour in honor of its ten-year anniversary. The band has been touring North America since June, and are gearing up for another excursion across the country in October and November. It is unknown if the band will continue to perform the album in December when they head to Europe.
Read the full statement released by the band below:
Catch The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me performed in its entirety at these shows in October and November:
- October 13, 2016: Rochester, New York (Main Street Armory)
- October 14, 2016: Glens Falls, New York (Glens Falls Civic Center)
- October 15, 2016: Portland, Maine (Cross Insurance Arena)
- October 17, 2016: Wallingford, Connecticut (Oakdale Theater)
- October 18, 2016: Ithaca, New York (Ithaca College and Events Athletic Center)
- October 20, 2016: Cleveland, Ohio (Wolstein Center)
- October 21, 2016: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Deltaplex)
- October 22, 2016: Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Eagles Ballroom)
- October 23, 2016: St. Paul, Minnesota (Roy Wilkins Auditorium)
- October 25, 2016: Sioux City, South Dakota (The District)
- October 27, 2016: Missoula, Montana (Adams Center)
- October 28, 2016: Garden City, Idaho (Revolution Event Center)
- October 29, 2016: Reno, Nevada (Grand Sierra Resort)
- October 31, 2016: San Jose, California (Event Center @ San Jose University)
- November 1, 2016: Las Vegas, Nevada (The Chelsea @ The Cosmopolitan)
- November 3, 2016: El Paso, Texas (El Paso County Coliseum)
- November 5, 2016: Corpus Christi, Texas (Concrete Street)
- November 7, 2016: Birmingham, Alabama (Alabama Theater)
- November 8, 2016: Greenville, South Carolina (Ben Secours Arena)
- November 10, 2016: Fairfax, Virginia (Eagle Bank Arena)
- November 11, 2016: Allentown, Pennsylvania (PPL Center)
- November 12, 2016: University Park, Pennsylvania (Bryce Jordan Center)
You can purchase tickets on the band's website.
Excited to see the band's album performed in full? Who's going? We'll keep you updated on that new album they have on the backburner now. Only a matter of time.
Alternative rockers You Me At Six are finally back with new music. Their follow up to their big 2014 effort Cavalier Youth is sounding big and confident, and it'll be bringing 2017 into a big stride.
The band has Night People penned in for a release on January 13, 2017. The band worked on the record this year in Nashville alongside producer Jacquire King, known for working with Kings Of Leon.
Along with the album announcement came the release of the new single 'Night People', the album's title track. It has an almost punk rock appeal to it and sounds huge - definitely a crowd pleaser we'll hopefully be seeing on their upcoming UK Tour - more details on that below.
Night People is out on January 13, via Virgin Records. Pre-orders are available on their website, with bundles and formats including vinyl, digital, CD, and even cassette. The album's art and tracklist is as follows:
- Night People
- Plus One
- Heavy Soul
- Take On The World
- Brand New
- Make Your Move
- Can’t Hold Back
- Spell It Out
Alongside the album announcement came the announcement of a massive UK Headlining Tour, spanning all of October. Indie rock band Vant will be supporting the band on the tour. The tour dates are as follows, and you can purchase tickets here.
- October 4, 2016: Bristol, England (Bristol O2 Academy)
- October 5, 2016: Folkestone, England (Leas Cliff Hall)
- October 6, 2016: Swansea, Wales (Brangwyn Hall)
- October 9, 2016: Belfast, Northern Ireland (The Limelight)
- October 10, 2016: Dublin, Ireland (The Academy)
- October 13, 2016: Nottingham, England (Rock City)
- October 14, 2016: Oxford, England (O2 Academy)
- October 15, 2016: Cambridge, England (Corn Exchange)
- October 17, 2016: Inverness, Scotland (Ironworks)
- October 18, 2016: Leeds, England (O2 Academy)
- October 19, 2016: Liverpool, England (Guild Of Students)
- October 20, 2016: Sheffield, England (O2 Academy)
- October 21, 2016: Middlesbrough, England (Empire)
- October 23, 2016: Southampton, England (O2 Guildhall)
- October 24, 2016: London, England (O2 Shepherds Bush Empire)
Excited for new YMAS music? Don't miss our review on the new single 'Night People', coming soon!
UPDATE 7/21: The band responded to the rumors by stating:
The emo music scene was in shambles when My Chemical Romance broke up in 2013, many fans begging for it not to be true... Three years later, things may finally be changing.
My Chemical Romance have uploaded a video and new images to their Facebook page, the images branding a new logo featuring "MCR X" (MCR 10?) around a cross figure. The video shows the same figure waving on a flag with the signature piano intro of 'Welcome To The Black Parade' over it, the cryptic date "9.23.16" (September 23, 2016) appearing at the end. What could it mean?
My Chemical Romance broke up in 2013 following the release of the Conventional Weapons series of releases. The band has stayed mostly quiet since then, releasing their Greatest Hits compilation May Death Never Stop You and some isolated merch along the way. Gerard Way launched his solo career and took time to focus on his comics, while guitarist Frank Iero also continued on with his solo career.
There are many possibilities as to what this could mean. The most logical answer: a ten-year anniversary tour for The Black Parade, which was released October 23, 2006. October 23 is exactly a month off of September 23... it all seems to align. Whatever the band has in store, it's bound to be a big moment for fans.