Get to know the diverse lineup of the Deftones' inaugural Dia De Los Deftones, taking place this November in San Diego!Read More
Alternative rock band Brand New have been busy working on a new record - rumored to be their last - and touring, but fans may need to wait a bit longer to hear the new material.
The band released a statement (as shown below) on the progress of the record, stating that "there exists a collection of songs that, right now, would call fit to be an album," but go on to say the album isn't complete to them, yet. While they planned to release a record this year, the ending sentence of the paragraph confirms "Brand New will not release a record in 2016."
What the band will be doing, however, is performing their major label debut third effort, The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me in its entirety on their upcoming fall tour in honor of its ten-year anniversary. The band has been touring North America since June, and are gearing up for another excursion across the country in October and November. It is unknown if the band will continue to perform the album in December when they head to Europe.
Read the full statement released by the band below:
Catch The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me performed in its entirety at these shows in October and November:
- October 13, 2016: Rochester, New York (Main Street Armory)
- October 14, 2016: Glens Falls, New York (Glens Falls Civic Center)
- October 15, 2016: Portland, Maine (Cross Insurance Arena)
- October 17, 2016: Wallingford, Connecticut (Oakdale Theater)
- October 18, 2016: Ithaca, New York (Ithaca College and Events Athletic Center)
- October 20, 2016: Cleveland, Ohio (Wolstein Center)
- October 21, 2016: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Deltaplex)
- October 22, 2016: Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Eagles Ballroom)
- October 23, 2016: St. Paul, Minnesota (Roy Wilkins Auditorium)
- October 25, 2016: Sioux City, South Dakota (The District)
- October 27, 2016: Missoula, Montana (Adams Center)
- October 28, 2016: Garden City, Idaho (Revolution Event Center)
- October 29, 2016: Reno, Nevada (Grand Sierra Resort)
- October 31, 2016: San Jose, California (Event Center @ San Jose University)
- November 1, 2016: Las Vegas, Nevada (The Chelsea @ The Cosmopolitan)
- November 3, 2016: El Paso, Texas (El Paso County Coliseum)
- November 5, 2016: Corpus Christi, Texas (Concrete Street)
- November 7, 2016: Birmingham, Alabama (Alabama Theater)
- November 8, 2016: Greenville, South Carolina (Ben Secours Arena)
- November 10, 2016: Fairfax, Virginia (Eagle Bank Arena)
- November 11, 2016: Allentown, Pennsylvania (PPL Center)
- November 12, 2016: University Park, Pennsylvania (Bryce Jordan Center)
You can purchase tickets on the band's website.
Excited to see the band's album performed in full? Who's going? We'll keep you updated on that new album they have on the backburner now. Only a matter of time.
The emo rock legends from Chicago American Football are finally following up their debut LP! The band will release their second eponymous debut American Football on October 21 of this year.
American Football is something of a myth in punk rock. They defined the structure of what their brand of music would become, morphing varied tie signatures, confessions in the form of spoken word, and math rock into some revolutionary hybrid. After the release of their debut 1999 LP (also titled American Football), they decided to stop recording together and eventually became inactive.
The band returned to the spotlight in 2014 when they reformed to perform at the Pygmalion Music Festival in Chicago and a series of headline dates, and have been active ever since. They recorded their new album earlier this year.
The band have shared the first new song from the record, 'I've Been Lost For So Long', which starts with reverberating guitars and a driven beat under vocalist Mike Kinsella's warm vocals. The time signature changes in the chourses, showing that the band's creativity and style hasn't faltered in all of these years.
American Football will be released on October 21 via Polyvinyl in the United States and Wichita in Europe and the UK. The album artwork and tracklist is as follows:
- Where Are We Now?
- My Instincts Are The Enemy
- Home Is Where The Haunt Is
- Born To Lose
- I've Been So Lost For So Long
- Give Me The Gun
- I Need A Drink (Or Two Or Three)
- Desire Gets In The Way
- Everyone Is Dressed Up
American Football has a few tour dates spanning over the next few months in both the United States an United Kingdom - see them here. Check out our review of the band's new single 'I've Been Lost For So Long' too!
Punk rock icons Green Day are back with brand new music following a three-year studio silence. Their new album Revolution Radio has been given a release date and the band has shared the first single from the record.
Speaking with Rolling Stone, Billie Joe Armstrong spoke of the experience that granted the album its title:
Despite it's political background, Armstrong continued to say the album isn't strictly driven as such: there are more personal tracks on it, such as the teased 'Still Breathing' and the relatable 'Too Dumb To Die', but, Armstrong claims there are many tracks that press on current social issues as well. The album's first single, 'Bang Bang' was inspired by "the culture of mass shooting that happens in America mixed with narcissistic social media," and features blistering guitar riffs and a driving beat. The album concludes on the previously revealed 'Ordinary World', a short and sweet track Armstrong has performed live in the past.
The album is also said to contain some experimentation, such as the use of bow guitar on 'Outlaws' and 'Forever Now'. The whole recording process, according to Armstrong, took around six months. The songs on the record evolved from metaphor to having literal meaning, as if the lyrics were predicting the future, as he put it.
Revolution Radio is the band's first record since the infamous trilogy of ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!, and the band's first self-produced record since 2000's Warning. The album is due out on October 7th. The album's artwork can be seen above and the tracklist is as follows:
- Somewhere Now
- Bang Bang
- Revolution Radio
- Say Goodbye
- Bouncing Off The Wall
- Still Breathing
- Too Dumb To Die
- Troubled Times
- Forever Now
- Ordinary World
Are you ready for the new Green Day record? Check out the track review for the lead single 'Bang Bang', too!